PDA

View Full Version : Intuos 5 vs Cintiq

CKPinson
06-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Hey guys: Thought I had my choice down but not sure now.
I have used Intuos 3 and 4 (Sold my 4 and still have my 3). I am leaning towards the new Intuos but really like the idea of the Cintiq- I have never used one.

For me that's a lot of money.

The Intuos is portable.

And I have to say I am still not completely used to drawing on the Intuos- I have a tendency of wanting to rotate it and tilt it only to have it slap me in the face when I realize the line is continuing in a different direction.

What is your guys take?

olson
06-25-2012, 07:33 PM
I am leaning towards the new Intuos but really like the idea of the Cintiq- I have never used one.

Don't buy one without trying it first. Especially if you're considering the smaller model which is way too small for most user's preferences.

CKPinson
06-25-2012, 08:02 PM
thanx. I have the medium one. Managed to yank the large 5 out of the box at best buy and feel it out. I will definitely be going large if I go this route. Still looking into cintiqs although the only place that I've ever seen them as at campus when I was still in school. Been several years, was probably 3 Gen back of cintiq. Anyways. I really am torn, honestly could use both granted the cintiq lives up to my expectations. Thinking of keeping my med intuos as a roadie and getting the cintiq for home cuz its not portable at all right?

wolvercat
06-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Get the cintiq..! cintiq's are the way to go for just about all digital professionals now. you'll wonder why you ever bothered w/ an intros, after using the cintiq.

~wolvercat

CKPinson
06-26-2012, 09:02 PM
I really wanna try one out- that's a lot of money for me to spend on this item. I could justify it more if it was built into a laptop or even an all-in-one. But 2.5k- Heck, even if it was wireless-? is it? at any rate, before I pluck down this kinda cash I wanna test it out- have some peers that have the older ones and am trying to persuade them to bring em in one day.

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2012, 09:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.