PDA

View Full Version : custom plugin does not work in batch render

verbatimline
06-20-2012, 02:07 PM
hi I have a plugin that outputs custom position values in an array. The plugin works as expected in Maya and plyblasts but stops working in batch render mode. Does anyone have an idea why this could be happening?

tim verba

"Life is a verb"

ShawnFrueh
06-20-2012, 10:23 PM
If your using mental ray, in the render settings you will find "optimize animation detection" make sure that it is not checked.

verbatimline
06-25-2012, 03:48 PM
If your using mental ray, in the render settings you will find "optimize animation detection" make sure that it is not checked.

I was doing a standard Maya renderer test but the plugin is not responding. I had to bake the plugin output but that is not a good solution because of the immense number of out values. Any other thoughts? I'm in a bind, deadline looming:(

whisperwing
06-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Not sure what your plugin does, but here's what I would do for a regular plugin inherited from MPxNode:
1. verify if MPxNode::compute() is being called or not at each frame
2. if not, force evaluating DG for each frame of your animation frame range

I was doing a standard Maya renderer test but the plugin is not responding. I had to bake the plugin output but that is not a good solution because of the immense number of out values. Any other thoughts? I'm in a bind, deadline looming:(

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2012, 08:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.