PDA

View Full Version : cartoon lighting for production

pixin
06-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi guys, im wondering how to light a cartoon serie for production, i mean do they animate the light position in each sequence (exemple when two persons facing each others and talks), so i need to change light position depending of the angle of the camera, or i need to create a global lighting in the room, so that the person looks okay every place he moves, or i create a light rig that is attached to every single person ???? im really confused ..any one can help please... a tutorial will be awsome... thanks in advance..

yogeshsherman
06-20-2012, 02:35 PM
It is advisable that you make three light rigs one for each character and one for the whole BG or environment ,you need to adjust the light rigs according to the camera or shot requirement but you should not adjust the BG light Rig more often unless there is some changes required like different BG rig for night time or day time etc.

It is advisable that you should parent light rig to it's respective character if there is too much movement for better control.

I hope my suggestions would prove helpful in lighting you shot.

pixin
06-20-2012, 05:42 PM
it doesent help so much, but thanks dude :)

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2012, 05:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.