PDA

View Full Version : baking lights

cris castro
11-26-2003, 11:43 AM
hi there,
is it possible to bake and have a tga output with a different resolution than 72 dpi?is it possible to have an output of 128 dpi for example?
thankds

lulaassassina
11-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Ok, I am not answering directly to your question. Instead, I will explain you that resolution thing.

--- Dpi's - dots per inch, or ppi's (points per inch). By logic, resolution is the quantity of points per inch. For example, for print, normally it's 300 dpi's and digital work (TV, Computer) it's ALLWAYS at 72 dpi's.

The thing is, you can use that 128 dpi's image, but that's wasting memory. More - I think max only reads at 72 dpi's.

The trick is to open your 128dpi's image in photoshop, go to image size and see the pixel value and note them down. In resolution, put it at 72dpi's. Change the pixel values to the ones you've noted. Click OK.

Now you have a 72dpi's image with the same information that you had in your 128dpi's image. Exactly the same pixels. Different resolution.

I Hope that this made any sense.
Anything you need, send me a pvt message.
:beer:

lulaassassina
11-29-2003, 09:33 AM
in lights, the thing that counts is the total number of pixels in your image, not the resolution.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.