PDA

View Full Version : Silly question for collaborating people

telamon
11-26-2003, 09:29 AM
I have been viewing this forum for almost one year now and I am always fascinated by the ease at which people share experience and sometimes collaborate on personnal project. Two or three examples from the most recent:

- xtrm3d and proton on the kill leigh caricature :D
- pi3.141592654 and T4D on pi's amazing caricature
- policarpo and the rest of the forumers on various projects.

Sorry for those that I forgot in this list.

OK these are personnal stuff and they are often on the same guideline: humoristic characters, humour and so on...

Nevertheless, a question runs across my brain everytime I witness these free, friendly collaboration... Do you have any secret idea behind that? In other words, have you ever thought of actually collaborating in the CG business ? e.g. create your studio, ask your client or company to hire X as modeller, Y as texturing artist or Z as animator in a large project. All of this because you feel that a bound exist between you and X, Y, Z...

This is the way I select all the people I work with on my industrial project (I am basically a free lance engineer and CG helps to make my projects more attractive as an architect does). The CAD operators, the engineers etc that I need to carry out my studies and designs come from my neighborhood. When I am asked to create something, the first thing I do is to look around me to see who is available and either I subcontract or I ask my client to hire those people (most of them are in service companies) or to subcontract part of the job to them.

Again, congratulations to all of you four your friendly attitude.

TheFreak
11-26-2003, 10:32 AM
I think it is just a case of friendly people being friendly :)

It's a communitiy and i think people just like to help. And i'm sure if a project came up that someone needed help on then they would look to their community and see who was willing and able.

Such is the world today that the Internet has changed the bounderies by which we work that it doesn't seem so strange for people in one country to work with people in another, even on small jobs.

Don't ye just love it :D

:cry: It's just so beautiful :cry:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.