PDA

View Full Version : Goth Girl

LeroyBrown
11-26-2003, 07:50 AM
Modeling was done in 3D Max 5.1. I used a single 1024 map for the entire model. She's sitting around 4200 poly's.

I was not shooting for realism on this, just something kinda fun. Oh, and I can't take credit for any of the tatoo art, those were found online. Feedback is always appreciated.

http://hechtdan.home.comcast.net/3D_Art/Chick_TurnAround.jpg

LeroyBrown
11-26-2003, 05:18 PM
Here is a wire shot of her.

http://hechtdan.home.comcast.net/3D_Art/Chick_TurnAround_Wire.jpg

LeroyBrown
11-26-2003, 08:27 PM

Prs-Phil
11-26-2003, 11:08 PM
nice detail and its something different.
I cant say the texture is bad but I don´t really like it either. It looks way to dodgeed and burned.

Also ... the quads ... nooo, that model has so much potential to be optimized and it will still look the same and it will still animate as good as before.

Noc
11-27-2003, 01:51 AM
IMHO, I think that the eyes are way to big, and as pris said the quads are off...think they need to not be so close together (know what I mean)....

Dargon
11-27-2003, 02:28 AM
I'm sorry, but doesn't a Goth and a bathing suit go together like oil and water?

I mean, the whole lack of sunshine and all...

Why not any fishnets? Or a corset? Spikes?

ironikart
11-27-2003, 03:13 AM
You could probably cut a few hundred polys out of this model without loosing any detail. There's also a few parts of the model that need tweaking (the gaps between the fingers stick out in my mind).

LeroyBrown
11-27-2003, 04:42 AM
I'm sure I could cut out over 1000 polys off her and have it still feel the same, that was not that point. I was not shooting for a target poly count.

Noc, as far as the eyes go, I was keeping them large to give her a cartoon like cuteness. So yeah, they are large if you are comparing them to a real eye.

Dargon. I'm sure that goth chicks also wear bra's and panties. The idea here was to eventually model her some different outfits, but always have the underlying skin there in case she were to have something on more revealing.

Thanks for the crits.

gmask
11-27-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Dargon
I'm sorry, but doesn't a Goth and a bathing suit go together like oil and water?

I mean, the whole lack of sunshine and all...

LOL.. maybe she's planning some moonbathing..

TheWriter
11-27-2003, 07:20 AM
LOL!!

Im sorry, just.... the eyes... Don't look like goth.. it looks more like a cartoon.. "What the hell is going on I'm a Psycho" look. LOL!!

Prs-Phil
11-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by LeroyBrown
I'm sure I could cut out over 1000 polys off her and have it still feel the same, that was not that point. I was not shooting for a target poly count.

ähm, isnt that what lowpolymodeling is about O_o, could of made her really high if your not going for a polycount anyway

senor freebie
11-28-2003, 01:05 AM
I like the looks of it but it'd be cool if u did different hair-styles along with the different clothes. That one does suit in a way but it may not work well with all types of clothing that 'goth's wear

RampanT
11-28-2003, 02:55 AM
I like it. I know you said the polycount wasnt important, but you posted it in the Game Art Design section and to me, polycount is always a consideration in game art. Especially when there is a lot of wastage, and your right, this model could easily be more than a 1000 polys lighter and not lose any detail.

I like the tattoos, i also like the eyes. Looks cartoony, but thats what you were going for. From side on, the arms look to thin for me. But all things considered i think it looks pretty good.

SidewinderX143
11-29-2003, 03:11 AM
looks very good.... now the crits...

Anime character shave smaller eyes than she does. :\
Her arms are a bit skinny.
Her abs look horribly misshappen.
and, in my perosan experiance, her butt is coming out of that bathing suit/panties the wrong way...

bustasnipe
11-30-2003, 12:00 AM
work on the eye texture a bit more tho.. and just smooth out the skin.
http://bustasnipe.1hwy.com/Chick_TurnAround.jpg
great char tho!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.