PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Schoolgirl model

Fury
11-26-2003, 03:13 AM
here's something i've been working on and off for a little while now. little bit every other night or so. thought i'd post what i've got so far...

http://myweb.thump.net/707055/sg_renderviews.jpg
http://myweb.thump.net/707055/sg_wireviews.jpg

and the concept drawing i drew a while back...(in case anyone was interested :))
http://myweb.thump.net/707055/schoolgirl_color_ink.jpg

some info...over 5k polys (ack!) around 4x512 maps or so. been working on it fairly haphazardly as this is really only for fun and practice. so the final version will be cleaned up quite a bit...whenever i get around to that :) no lights in the scene either.

oh, and the purple outline is just for fun :) model isn't quite as cartoony as the drawing. not sure if that's good or bad. :)

ill_logic
11-26-2003, 03:21 AM
wow! excellent job. the textures are phenomenal. especially in the face. are the details all texture? are you planning on animating it for expressions?
-J

gmask
11-26-2003, 03:23 AM
Ain't she the cheeky one.. I don't think that uniform is to code..

h0pesfall
11-26-2003, 03:37 AM
Very nice. Did you use a composite texture/ink&paint and disabled paint, keeping only the ink outlines? If so it gave a very nice effect and I love it. Or were the ink outlines added afterwards/photoshoped and aren't part of the actual textures? Anyhow, very nice textures, i love the style of this, two thumbs up.

Keiyentai
11-26-2003, 05:56 AM
Looks fantastic though I dont like the purple line in the close up of the face, it's too thick imho. Though is seems to work when it's thiner like on the back render. Keep it up man.

LeroyBrown
11-26-2003, 06:59 AM
CUTE! Nice work. Though one thing I liked about the concept drawing was the how the skirt has the flap/opening the runs down the side of it. I think you should add that into the model, makes it that much more sexy!

...what school did you go to, cause girls did not dress that way at my school? HAHA

AdamAtomic
11-26-2003, 07:29 AM
i can hear the doors on my jail cell shutting already...

seriously though, it's a really fun model - the proportions are cute and sexy without being ridiculous (as so many female models are prone to being), and she has a great kind of cartoon quality without being cel-shaded, which is just the coolest. I'd like to see a smaller pattern on the tie, but aside from that awesome job!

PS - the concept kicks ass too! you are one talented mofo.

kvernon
11-26-2003, 03:47 PM
She looks great! That soft look has a warm feeling about her. Although, 5k? :D

EVIL
11-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Post a upskirt shot gheh!

erik2003
11-26-2003, 06:04 PM
rrrrrrrrr!

Prs-Phil
11-26-2003, 09:00 PM
style, she made me smile ... bigtime.
Nice texturing and modeling job, and what I also noticed is that you triangulated her, YES, people ... thats how you do it :)

Fury
11-27-2003, 02:04 AM
thanks for the nice words everyone, glad like her :)

ill_logic : yep, everything on her are painted textures, no shadows from any lights. Just wanted to try it as an experiment. I'd like to animate her someday...just gotta get around to it. she's not even rigged yet tho. so it won't be anytime soon.

hopesfall: for the outline, it's really just a silly trick i remember seeing posted on a forum somewhere...I just cloned her mesh, used the Push modifier (in Max) to scale it up a bit. then just flipped the faces. and added a flat color to it. it works ok in posed renders.

LeroyBrown: I completely agree with you about her skirt. i noticed it the other night and realized i should have it overlapping. doh! i'll definately get that changed one of these days.

Adam Atomic: good idea about the pattern on the tie, it's a bit too big.

kvernon: yeah, 5k is a bit overboard for this model, i agree. but when i started making her, i had no idea what i was gonna do with her, so i just let her go where she wanted. There are a lot of polys i can cut out, so i'll get around to it...eventually ;)

everyone else: thanks for looking :) and just for all of you that read all this hot air, here's an alternate face i made for her, just for something a little different.
http://myweb.thump.net/707055/sg_alt.jpg

R-SiN
11-27-2003, 02:11 AM
Very Cute indeed
Love the new face, I wanna see more! :)

Spankspeople
11-27-2003, 03:28 AM
I love the first face, though I think it would have looked better if you had left the eyes green like in the drawing... green is teh win.

KazuyaMochu
11-27-2003, 09:35 AM
I'll have to push in the polygon talk here.

ok, this looks, really good. I mean, top quality. I would perfeclly acept this as a Harry Potter Character.

the texture is... beutifull.
but I think you over did it, on the poligons. there are some areas, with far to much polygons. like in the arms close to the hand. or in the thumb. if you could clean that up, it would be very cool!

other than that, very good!

Kazuya Mochu

BryanSilva
11-27-2003, 05:17 PM
No complaints here. You've done a damn good job imho. And I love how she handles that joystick, my kinda lady!

azazel
11-27-2003, 07:05 PM
5k polys is with, or without the outline mesh ? You can always optimize the outline mesh quite much, as only important part of it is the silhouette. Anyway, well done, she's so cute :)

dudeguy
11-27-2003, 11:00 PM
I love this piece! I personally prefer the original version. I would like to see her with the green eyes, like in the concept, hard to put my finger on, but something is throwing the face a bit off for me, I think it may be the size of the ears, making them a bit larger, might make her look a bit more cute. Really nice work! Good job!

Spankspeople
11-27-2003, 11:06 PM
I definitely second the green eye comment(or first, since I've already mentioned it =P), but also think that maybe the purple outline could go. I think that it looks good enough on its own that the outline seems to detract from it, especially since the original colour drawing didn't exactly have a hard outline anyways...

Fury
11-28-2003, 01:31 AM
ok, since a couple folks brought up the idea of the green eyes that i disregarded from the concept... i made a quick change to it. anyone think this works better than the blue eyes?
http://myweb.thump.net/707055/sg_greeneyes.jpg

ironikart
11-28-2003, 02:50 AM
makes her look possessed ;) - I'd tone down the brightness a touch.

Spankspeople
11-28-2003, 02:52 AM
Wonder if they could be just as luminous without being so bright... or do those words just mean the same thing? =P

Maybe tone 'em down a BIT... though I love the green, compared to the blue. =)

Pupils are a wee bit small though too... maybe if they were a bit bigger they'd look a bit more lifelike...

dudeguy
11-28-2003, 03:28 AM
Bring down the luminosity and saturation a bit on the green and I think she's good to go.

Any chance of showing us the texture sheet?

Fury
11-28-2003, 03:29 AM
doh! just noticed how...scarey... those green eyes looked. toned down the saturation a bit. ;) (just reuploaded the new version over the old file to save space...and embarrassement :))

dudeguy...i'll post the texture flats when i get her all finished up. still gotta completely redo the hair as i'm not too thrilled with it. and a bunch of other little touch ups and additions.

SecseanZ
11-28-2003, 03:56 AM
Soft smooth...awesome

twindragon
11-28-2003, 05:43 AM
Very nice....I like it very muchos

General Straw
11-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah looks really great.

The only small thing that bugs me is that her skin is too red and not enough shiny.

dreamernight
11-28-2003, 01:55 PM
It looks great with eyes, at least it cost more atraction than the blue one to me.

Keiyentai
11-29-2003, 08:35 AM
Once again....WOW...she looks alot better with out the purple lines.

bustasnipe
11-29-2003, 12:10 PM
You rock.. thats is really nice work and thanks for posting!
were you working with a front side view drawings? if so would you mind posting? Btw.. apprx how long did it take you to model?
I really like the shiny lips, nose and eyes... very cute!

zee-strife
11-30-2003, 06:29 AM
that school girl looks better than some of the girls that go to my
school

erikN
11-30-2003, 08:13 PM
what about the smaller nose in the concept? :D

I like it better then the current one on the model :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.