PDA

View Full Version : Maya grids disappearing

J-Bird
11-26-2003, 01:09 AM
Heythere,

My Maya 4.5 installation has suddenly stopped showing grid lines (everything actually) even though i have them turned on. It ususally happens to the perspective and side views, but sometimes also the top and front views to. I can get the grids and objects to re-appear by opening the grid tool and just hitting the Apply and Close button (without making any changes). Sometimes i can make the grid & object pop back by focusing on the object, or zooming in, but that doesn't always work.

I've been away from Maya for a while and have installed a new motherboard, processor, RAM since...and upgraded my vid card drivers, but don't think anything like that would make a difference. Important specs are:

Althon 2400+
1 Gig RAM (400 MHz)
GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128 MB Ram

Has anyone ever experienced this? It's very annoying...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

gmask
11-26-2003, 01:12 AM
Unfortunately you card is not "certified" but another possiblity is to trash the prefs saved in your user directory

Emmortal1
11-26-2003, 01:23 AM
"GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128 MB Ram"

Did you recently upgrade to the Forceware drivers? If so, revert back to your old ones and that will fix the issue. The forcewares aren't Maya friendly with the GeForce cards.

Emmortal

J-Bird
11-26-2003, 01:50 AM
The forceware drivers were the culprit.

Well, looks like my frame rates in Halo will plummet once more.

Thanks Emm, I owe you one.

J

Emmortal1
11-26-2003, 02:29 AM
Not a problem, glad to be of help. They (Nvidia) are aware of the issue and a fix should be coming up in the next version of their 52.xx driver series.

Emmortal

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.