PDA

View Full Version : batch image processing

kittybear77
11-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Hey y'all...I'm hoping you season pros might have some insight for me.

This may go beyond the realm of Photoshop but does anyone know of a nice batch command,action or script that can be used to extract image data such as file name, file size, image size, resolution?
Ideally i need to be able to scan a folder of images and create contact sheets into an existing filemaker database, but if I could get Photoshop's Contact sheet command add this extra information into it's process it could save me hours of work! BTW...I work on a MAC (not by choice)

any ideas?

Bronwen
11-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Well, you probably aren't going to like my answer unless you already have some programming experience, but the way to do that is to write a script. Unfortunately the scripting plugin is only available for 7 and CS, so if you have an earlier version you're out of luck. Download Adobe Photoshop Scripting from Adobe's site (http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2bf56.htm). The documentation is pretty easy to follow, and you should be able to print your info into a text file. Good luck!

-Bronwen

kittybear77
12-01-2003, 04:06 PM
thanks for your suggestion, I haven't had much experience in programming but I knew I was going to have to learn something to begin doing my own scripts. Your link will be a helpful starting point.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.