PDA

View Full Version : MPxDeformer node with a control mesh

zoharl
06-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi,

I was wondering how to add a control mesh / curve to my deformer, something similar to the lattice deformer.

More specifically after I connect the control mesh to my node, how do I get the change in the control mesh vertices? Usually I read the transform of a locator, or a specific handle, which I assume started from identity, but here I need somehow to read the tweak node.

tontonsuspect
06-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi zoharl,

One simple way to do your stuff would be to have 2 mesh input :

--> baseControlObject
--> deformed object : this would be your tweak...

dont forget to compute some kind of bind position relative to your base object..

zoharl
06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi tonton,

If I understood you correctly, then I need to duplicate the control mesh and keep it as a source for the delta (diff) computation. Yes, this is one obvious solution, although I was looking for something 'cleaner'. For example through a tweak node, although frankly I can't see a tweak node at the moment, probably I need to create a deformer for the control mesh to get it.

On second thought I tried the lattice deformer, and it keeps a base lattice, so this is probably the common method as you suggested, and I shouldn't look for ways to complicate it...

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.