PDA

View Full Version : Spline tension!!

Heinz
11-25-2003, 07:47 PM
Hi guys!...

I have this scene.... with one object cloned 512 times.....

And now i need to set the spline tension to 1 on all of them!....

any ways to to this without going into each one of them!?..

SplineGod
11-25-2003, 08:02 PM
Select all your objects, open the graph editor, hit shift g to throw all channels of all objects selected into the channel bin and then multiselect all the channels you wish to edit, select all the keys in the graph editor you wish to adjust and then change the tension on them. :)

draconix
11-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Would that work with a set of lights? I have a sequence of lights doing the same thing (graphed). At this point, if I want to change one thing I'll have to change all the lights one by one. When i try selecting multiple lights it still works on only one light.

Heinz
11-25-2003, 08:22 PM
ahhhh... thanx... i would have hated to go into each of them!...

i tought i could use the spreadsheet for this... .but NO!...

BTW: LOVE THE SPREADSHEET!!... it made my life better..

:beer:

SplineGod
11-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by draconix
Would that work with a set of lights? I have a sequence of lights doing the same thing (graphed). At this point, if I want to change one thing I'll have to change all the lights one by one. When i try selecting multiple lights it still works on only one light.
If you want to edit the motions of lights you can do it that way. If you want to change a bunch of other light properties en masse I would use the spreadsheet.
Anything that has an E button next to it is fair game in the graph editor. It also helps to create Channel sets in the graph editor to easily select or edit things in groups.

uncommongrafx
11-25-2003, 09:12 PM
When in the spreadsheet, try that little bitty arrow in the bottom right of the window pane.

Just for fun, of course.

Nothing to add here... maybe. :)

draconix
11-27-2003, 06:12 PM
The spreadsheet isn't working. Maybe I should be more specific. I'm modeling this saucer, it's supposed to have a running light sequence along the edge (usinf lense flares.) What I do is, I have four template lights with the lense flare intensity enveloped. I then set the lights as luxagons in modeler and convert them as clones - one light for each step of the animation.

That part works, but is there any way to change the intensity for a set of lights without going through removing the current set, changing the envelope in the template light, and then converting the luxigons again?

pic included.

Bytehawk
11-27-2003, 07:22 PM
couldn't you use expressions for this, like ehm, you know, right
:hmm:

ehmmmm

like animate a few nulls and make an expression that measures the rotation on the null and sets the light intensity accordingly

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.