PDA

View Full Version : Loading individual images, NOT image sequences?

Ikarus
11-25-2003, 07:34 PM
I have taken dozens of hi-res still pictures with a digital camera that will be used as background plates. Incidentally all the pictures are sequentially names 001,002,003,... etc. by the camera.

All I want to do is load a single image to be used(ie: image079) as a background plate, but everytime I've used the "loader" tool it always loads the entire sequence. I've looked at the manual but doesn't not specify anthing on loading single images. The only workaround I've found is to use the "Clip Time Start" & "Clip End Time" to start and end at that specific image. Only problem is that if I have some images deleted or removed from the sequence(ie: I deleted image 005,008,024,054, etc.) it's hard to point to the actual image I want(ie: image079). Plus it's just very tedious if you have alot of background plates to load. Is there any easier way to do this? or to load just a single image, even if it's part of a sequence of images?

Also using the "Bin" I get the same thing, is there a way to load multiple single images into the "Bin"?

Jayk2k
11-25-2003, 07:45 PM
There is a way to do this using the bins. It's been a while, so maybe Adam can clarify if i'm wrong...

I think if you hold shift down while dragging and dropping from windows explorer to the bins, it will specify the file as a single image. From there if you drag'n'drop to the flow, it should work.

telamon
11-25-2003, 10:01 PM
an other tip could be to copy your file into another folder an open this copy.

Ikarus
11-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Jayk2k
There is a way to do this using the bins. It's been a while, so maybe Adam can clarify if i'm wrong...

I think if you hold shift down while dragging and dropping from windows explorer to the bins, it will specify the file as a single image. From there if you drag'n'drop to the flow, it should work.

Thanks, it works that way:thumbsup:. It still loads it like a sequence, but I don't have to set the "Clip Start" and "Clip End" anymore, it automatically does it. The only thing I noticed was that on the Bin it shows the wrong thumbnail....lol. It's probably do to the missing sequences in the folder.

Wizdoc
04-03-2004, 12:05 PM
I usually add a letter after the number (e.g. "pic001x.tif", "pic002x.tif") when I don't want the batch to be handled as a sequence. DF doesn't understand letters, so it leaves the sequence alone - but you can still view them in sequence as the letter doesn't mess up the order of pictures.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.