PDA

View Full Version : floatSliderGrp question

xXThanatosXx
06-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi all, I'm writing a small UI in MEL, but i'm stuck with floatSliderGrp command:

is it possible to have a popup menu that comes out when i click with the right mouse button on the label of the slider (I mean something like the "create layer override" option, etc)?
I am almost sure it's possible but i can't find the necessary flag in the documentation...
please help me!

NaughtyNathan
06-09-2012, 03:38 PM
You don't attach pop-ups using flags of existing control commands, you create them using the popupMenu command. You attach pop-up menus to controls either by direct inheritance (create one immmediately after creating another control) or by explicitly parenting them.

However, another thing to consider is that a floatSliderGrp is a layout control type that consists of a text label control, a slider control and a floatField control. If you want a popup on the entire layout you don't have to worry about this, but if you want it on only one specific part (i.e. the text label) you will need to dig-down and get the child control names (and use popupMenu -parent)

xXThanatosXx
06-11-2012, 10:59 AM
thanks Nathan!

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2012, 10:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.