PDA

View Full Version : Internship Opportunity Discussions

PDavidson0911
06-08-2012, 11:56 PM
My name is Parker Davidson. I am currently a student at the Art Institute of Nashville-Tennessee, a branch of Atlanta. I am working on my BA in Media Arts and Animation. I first started off with 3D after discovering Blender through some featured artwork I saw in a couple of books at my local bookstore. I was in High School at the time and fell in love. I learned how to use the program through trial and error, books, and help from the blenderartists community. From there I decided that I wanted to work on games and/or movies and began to attend AI immediately after graduating college. Now I am at the end of my first year and I know that I have made the right decision.

Lately I have been expressing interest in studying abroad for the experience and connections I can make in the industry. I have been working extremely hard at my school and as of writing this post I have a 3.9 G.P.A. It turns out though that the study abroad program for AI schools has been shut down due to the unwanted monetary cost of the program. Now I am looking for just an internship overseas that I could couple with my studying and tuition or even pay out of pocket for.

My Dean and other teachers recommended to this site, informing me that I could meet industry professionals here and that they might be able to me. So this is me, sending out a distress call. Asking for anyone's help on getting me out there and into the industry, whether it be overseas or not. I need an internship and I will work hard for it. I have a passion for movies, and for games. I always will be. There are forms of media used to tell a story and I have plenty of stories to tell. Images in my head that I wish to illustrate for everyone else.

Please respond if you have any information that could help me. I really appreciate this. Thank's for reading.

Parker Davidson

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2012, 11:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.