PDA

View Full Version : Animation Collaborative

AGAD
06-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Just wanted to let everybody to know about the new animation school which opened recently in Emeryville, CA. Instructors are from Pixar and every workshop is full of energy and provides just a TON of information. I had attended two: Animation Critique by Victor Navone and Demo Workshop by Mike Makarewicz.
Animation Critique is more intended for working on your demo reel, polished it to professional level. Comments from instructors are very useful, right to the point and really help to push your work. I couldn't say enough words about how good the Demo Workshop is! Mike does all animation right in front you, from the scratch, explaining all his choices, why he does that way and sharing a mass of tips and tricks. Besides that every session has a lecture part which is very good and packed with information, too.
Currently I am taking Gesture Drawing by Tom Catley. We are drawing from live models. My skills are already improved tremendously and each session just keeps adding up.
A lot of students from Animation Mentor and Academy of Art are enrolled and everyone of them said that they had learned a lot and gained so much from three months of workshop.
Any way, if you are interested head on to their website http://www.animationcollaborative.com/
They announced summer classes which a bit shorter than regular sessions. And don't miss the action-packed Mike's workshop: it's 2 weeks, 12 days of awesome hard work!
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2012, 09:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.