PDA

View Full Version : Fully removing geo from a lattice

Mathieson
06-05-2012, 02:58 AM
I am trying to remove a lattice via script. I am using:

cmds.lattice(<latticeName>, e=True, rm=True, g=[<geoName>])

After doing this, when I select the geometry, the ffd1 deformer is still connected as an input.

This is causing a huge problem as the lattice I am using is being referenced in. Removing the reference breaks the connection chain and kills all other inputs.

How can I completely remove the lattice from the geo? How can I remove the ffd1 input connection while keeping the rest of my input graph?

rgkovach123
06-05-2012, 02:25 PM
you can try deleting constuction history after disabling the lattice, or you can just rewire your constuction history to circumvent the deformer.

Basically you have an input shape, a deformer node, and an output shape. To keep your input graph, but remove the deformer, just connect the .outMesh attribute of the input shape to the .inMesh attribute of the output shape.

Removing objects/components from a deformer set isn't the same thing as removing a deformer node from the mesh's history. Maya wants to keep a record of this type of information even though most artists don't really have a need for it.

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2012, 02:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.