PDA

View Full Version : WIP turtle underwater

southparx
11-25-2003, 11:56 AM
first of all, sorry to post a WIP here, i couldn't find "attach" button when posting for new thread in the 3D WIP forum

since this is done in LW so i hope it's still appropriate here

so my first artwork post here

this is a turtle in underwater scene, made for my semester's final project.

hehe the idea of the pinkish things (dunno what those are called... planktons?) is from finding nemo :-p

this will be submitted in 2 days, so please any suggestions, comments, critiques will be very much appreciated

thanx in advance

chikega
11-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Uhhh ... it's kinda hard to tell ... could you post/attach other images - maybe some closeups, wireframes of the turtle. From a distance his front legs/flippers don't look very flat. The plankton and light streaming from the surface look nice though:)

http://www.maui.net/~pacwhale/ecards/turtle/turtle.jpg

See this page (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=sea+turtle&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-img-t&cop=mss&tab=3) for more image references.

southparx
11-25-2003, 01:24 PM
hmm i was thinking of making a high contrast for the turtle from his upper body area (the one that got hit by the light and the bottom part... kinda hard to get the details out :hmm:

anyways here's a close up, but i like the shot from further like the first image though

southparx
11-25-2003, 02:13 PM
a little update, followed suggestion from chikega (thank's).

on the second one here, fill light intensity increased then added some motion blur... dunno whether can be seen from the image quality reduction or not

Tudor
11-25-2003, 03:12 PM
I actually saw one of those critters in real life while scuba diving in the red sea a week ago. It swam right through our group. I almost spat my regulator out because I was laughing so hard. Seeing that turtle made me realize why pixar turned the turtle in Finding nemo into a surf dude :)

The flippers are way too thick. They should be like wings, not legs.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.