PDA

View Full Version : iAnimate Reel -Brian Horgan WS3

Horganovski
06-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Hi Folks,
I'd like to present a compilation of the work I did while studying body mechanics at iAnimate earlier this year. After the course finished I went back to work but continued to polish and refine the shots in my free time. There are still some flaws of course and nothing is ever really 'finished' but I feel I've learned as much as I can from them (which was the point in doing them in the first place) so it's time for me to move on to new shots and call these done for now.

I really hope you enjoy the pieces, there's a lot of blood and sweat (not so many tears) gone into this.

https://vimeo.com/43322606

Cheers,
Brian

beasleyfreddie
06-03-2012, 07:35 AM
The first one is perfect use of the weight to show ....well.....weight.... and the Laban study was quite good considering like you said no arms and lugs, I like the part where he does the smash, and the egg pops out, very nice animation. The cat animation was good, but of the model needed more polish, the second super hero, was decent, but needed more movement, overall great work.

Horganovski
06-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Many thanks for checking it out. The weight lift one was the last one I did during the workshop so I'm very pleased it's getting the best reaction.

Re the cat, yes I struggled with the rig/model to be honest. It's not an iAnimate rig but I really wanted to animate at least one shot with a quadruped as my mentor has a lot of experience with creature animation. I've re-rendered it so that the fur looks a little better and I think I'll have to move on and call it 'good enough' for now.

Cheers,
Brian

JustinAnimation
06-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Hello,

The first shot is really good nice job. Aside from what was suggested above I would also suggest you remove the descriptions of the animation before each scene. If you need a description of the animation to know whatís going on than your animation isnít clear enough. It also adds to the real time unnecessarily.

Never give up!

Justin

Horganovski
06-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Hi, thanks for checking it out, I appreciate your feedback.

Regarding the titles for the Laban pieces, that was deliberate as my mentor told me she will be using that piece as an example in her future lectures on this subject. The titles are there so that the students will know what to look for in the movement before they watch each one.
For my personal reel I probably won't include the Laban stuff at all as it's not as polished as the other 3 shots but I included it with the others for the moment just to show the work I did during the workshop.

Cheers,
Brian

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2012, 01:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.