PDA

View Full Version : Deformation : Lattices : Painting Vertex Influance

ozioz
06-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Hi ;

In Softimage, Is it possible to paint lattice influance valume on an object ?

Just like the one which exists in Maya.

You can tell vertices How much they are effected by the deformation by painting weight maps on them.

I could not find something like that.

What I want to achive is to create a cartoon eyeball and eye region for my character so that I will be able to get him move his eyes like a drawn character's eyes.

Lattices should also effect some of the vertices on the face ..

How can I do that ?

Best Regards ;

Ozan

jamination
06-03-2012, 02:26 AM
on the lattice property page there is a connection button next to the amplitude, right click on it and "connect", choose the weight map you created.

ozioz
06-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Jamination Thank you so much. That was the answer I'd been waiting for ....

Looks like It will take some time for me to adapt softimage even though I know what to look for...

I also look into the mazing help documantes of the software. But sometimes it is not easy to find something which you do not know What It is called.

Best Regards ;

Ozan

paulrus
06-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Check out Manny's 3DMastermind tutorials:

https://vimeo.com/13740273 - how to rig a cartoon eye.

-Paul

ozioz
06-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks paulrus ..

I have seen that one and It is a realy good tutorial focusing on cartoon rigging.

However mt character is a little bit different than this one. Eye lids of my chracter is not saperated from the actual head mesh ..

But the video has given me many usefull tips though.

Thank you very much again

Ozan

ozioz
06-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Wait a second...

I just relized that Lattice deformer has no amplitude attribute which we can apply a weight map ...

Am I wrong about that ?

I need this solution ..

Ozan

EDIT **** EDIT *** EDIT *** EDIT

Sorry guys. I have done that without any error. Here is the soluyion.

If you create your lattice while selecting your object which you want to deform , Softimage gives you no option like amplitude so that you can apply a weight map.

However, if you create your object and lattice saperatly and then apply the lattice to the object using the deform tab, you are getting this amplitude attribute and you can connect your weihjt map very easly.

Thanks for your great replies.

Ozan

grahamef
06-11-2012, 04:59 PM
If you create your lattice while selecting your object which you want to deform , Softimage gives you no option like amplitude so that you can apply a weight map.

If you create a lattice this way, Softimage opens the Lattice object's properties, but you can still get the amplitude if you expand the mesh's node in the explorer and click on the Lattice operator.

ozioz
06-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Yes, I relized that as well ...

Having the power of weight mapping is awasome.. I think I am a little late to start using Softimage..

Very Surprising things are happening .. Jaw dropping tools.. I am serious.

CGTalk Moderation
06-12-2012, 06:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.