PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Pro 2070SB Monitor - Any good??

DaForce
11-25-2003, 07:03 AM
I am looking at getting a new monitor, to replace my ageing viewmaster 19"

I was looking at the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB, and from what i can tell by the reviews that I have seen, they are pretty darn good. Does anyone have any experience with these monitors??

I was also looking at the Sony 21" but i think they are a tad overpriced. How does the sony compare with the Diamond Pro?

Here is the site link the the monitor
http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com.au/PRODUCTS/COMPP/MONITORS/DP2070SB.htm
I can get these for around $1300 AUD , i assume the sonys would be closer to $2000 but i cant find them anywhere.

p.s. I will be using it for 3d , photoshop and games when i get the chance. :-)

p.s.s. Maybe someone could suggest a better monitor, if such monitor exists :thumbsup:

Thanks

rocarpen
11-25-2003, 07:40 AM
Wicked monitor. My own personal choice for the 21inch range. Note that there is an NEC equivalent to this display that uses the same Diamondtron SB tube, but costs about $80 CAD less. Same monitor in every respect (according to reps from NEC and scuttlebutt around the web), just without the Mitsubishi price premium.

Anyways, great colour, great refresh rates, etc. If money were no object, I'd say grab a LaCie Electron Blue IV as I've read a review that said it was better, but in reality it too uses the same tube as the 2070SB, so quality differences would probably be small.

Note that there are high-end Sony's out there that represent the absolutely CRT top-line, that cost vastly more money, and are used in situation where colour accuracy is absolutely critical. Don't worry about these displays, grab the NEC or the Mitsubishi, and have fun!

Also, I nearly forgot to mention: why not get two Mitsubishi 19" DP 930SB for around $420 Canadian apiece, run 'em each at 1600x1200, and enjoy more real estate for less money? That's my own plan for the near future. You just need a sturdy desk for the two behemouths!

DaForce
11-25-2003, 08:21 AM
Great, good to hear its an awesome monitor. Yeah i thought the sonys would be mega expensive, i will definitly get the Diamond Pro then. I will still be using my current 19" as my secondary monitor.

Thanks for the info :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.