PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for "Dance!"

Alladin
06-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Hello to everyone. We have started a pre-production of an independent animated feature film and its very important to hear an opinion of the viewer. It`s your opinion.

Here are 4 minutes clips from the animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQc13V4ql9E

Will this film be interesting to watch for you?

krisla
06-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Great style!

Funny animation and nice look..

Who do you think will be your audience? Are you making an animated feature
for children?

Not sure if this was the actual first four minutes of the film or a trailer,
but it was kind of fast paced and didn't quite introduce me to a narrative. To me it felt more like a reel for enthusiasts than an actual movie trailer. I think a trailer needs to suggest the theme or conflict in the story, to let the audience understand what this is about. I feel that what I can say up to this point, is that the style is cute and funny, but that I would be bored to watch a whole movie based on animation gags and physical humor (which workes for maybe 1 to 5 minutes). That's just my opinion after watching these four minutes..

Keep it up!

Alladin
06-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, Kristian.
You are right about physical humor. I like "Tom and Jerry" style, but not too much.
We would like to show characters and environment and mood of the film, but the storyline hasnt been shown clear. I guess some concepts and the synopsis will help. Will show them a little bit later.
Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
06-02-2012, 05:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.