PDA

View Full Version : Curveflow with surface emitter, howto?

Schempp
05-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Im trying to emit particles from a plane and control their motion with a curveflow.

Is it possible in someway to disconnect the emitter that is created when creating a curveflow and connecting my own emitter?

The reason i want to do this is that i want to shade the particles from the texture that is on the plane that i am emitting on. I also want to be able to control the shape were the particles are created.

any ideas?

Thx!

Parv
05-31-2012, 08:09 PM
By creating a curve flow effect you will have : an emitter and a particle object. Go to the outliner and delete this curve flow emitter which got created. You are left with a particle object but with no source of emission.

Now to connect those particles to your own emitter (surface emitter). Create your surface > place it where you want > go to particles menu > emit from object option box > change emitter type to surface > click create.

This will give you your own surface emitter and a new particle object. Go to the outliner and delete this new particle object.

Now select the curve flow particle object then your surface emitter > go to particle menu > click use selected emitter.

This will cause the curve flow particles to use your surface emitter as their source of emission. : )

Schempp
05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Thank you very much Parv. That did the trick, i didnt even think of looking in the particle menu =). I tried to connect the emitter to probably with just the same result as yours give via the hypershade but couldnt find the attribute to connect it to.

Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.