PDA

View Full Version : Director Bones export == unhappy vap

vapulus
11-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Alrighty. This has been posted on here before, and I read those threads, even if they were a bit lean. I also posted over on the official boards, but who knows when I'll get a response over there. Here's the problem:
Every time I export the scene with bones, there is NO motion. I've done everything i've read in other threads (all weight maps, no weight map crossover on any points, no normalization, every point is on a map), and it still doesn't work at all. I've even made a single sphere 100% mapped to a single bone created in layout, and not a hint of motion gets through. Anybody got any other bright ideas? =) I'm all out. ;)
I would seriously hate to have to jump programs at this point, as it would mean setting up UV's for 3 characters and 2 environments again. Not to mention create new rigs and materials. I'll have to switch my team over to something else if we can't figure this out soon, though, 'cause it's getting to "do or die" time. I have a feeling there's something simple throwing this off, but for the life of me I can't think of what else it could be.
Seriously, though, this shockwave exporter is pretty foul. It gets the job done, but it's a matter of memorizing about 3,000 horrible bugs and the workarounds for them (slight exaggeration). Max seems to have the only decent exporter. Lightwave is obviously my program of choice, and I've convinced my entire team to use it, but I'll have to jump ship to finish this project on time if we can't fix any of these exporter problems...and that makes me cry. ;)
Thanks for any help, guys.

-vap

Facial Deluxe
11-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Too bad nobody answer. Unfortunatly I can't help.
AFAIK, there were samples that seemed to work with bones on CD, or was it on NT site.
I thought there was also a related forum for those director/ flash exports on NT Forum, might be worth to ask there.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.