PDA

View Full Version : Animation - Walk - feedback

Tim Mews
11-25-2003, 01:26 AM
Hi Just doing a walk cycle and I could really do with some feedback.

Any comments would be helpful.

http://www.space-face.com/WalkCGTalk001.avi

Might have to right click-save as.

Thanks

Tim

spudmonkey
11-25-2003, 03:23 PM
As no one else replied... ;) The walk is pretty nice, though the stride looks a little chopped/short and also he seems to be leaning back a bit, but that would be easily balanced through having the head leaning forwards. Not bad at all though!

EvoG
11-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Looks real good...I'd raise him a little, at least on the foot plane cross over ( when the feet swing forward to step ).

From the angle it looks like maybe a little sway side to side could be nice.

Considering the size of his hands, I'd want to add a little secondary motion to them ( delay them in the swing ). Also, curl the fingers in a relaxed pose with arc on the fingers ( bring that thumb down ).

Lean him a tad forward, yes. If you want him leaning back or upright, then move his root forward a bit in front of the feet so he balances. Even thought it looks fine, it almost feels like his feet are 'pulling' hiim along rather than the 'falling forward' feel.

If the feet have toes, add a little toe slap on the step...a little curl on the swing forward...have the foot bend on the ball for the 'push off'. Maybe you could also add a keyframe a few keys prior to the step down to kick the foot slightly up to make the down step it little more weighted.

Otherwise, aside from being a bit smooth and light feeling, you have a real good start...this is where you add the nuances to give it character and add the little things to sell it. This fixes I mentioned are super simple so you'll be fine.

Cheers

caldred21
11-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Its a good start. The character looks like its walking with its knees bent. Straigten him up a bit. He also needs to bend at the toes. When the foot is pulling back in the stride it slides. Bending at the toes will help. Keep it up.

kvernon
11-26-2003, 03:35 PM
As stated earlier, he seems to be squating a little, so pull him up a little. It seems that everything is off to a good start. Something I'd like to see, is a little more exaggeration.

Tait
11-27-2003, 06:27 PM
you might wanna add some weight to the walk, as he does look like a (often heavy) robot.

try having the toes come down a bit quicker.

apart from that very nice.

tpe
11-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Like was said before. First thing, pull him up a bit, especially as the foot makes contact and untill it is past the center, this is when the body goes up, the leg should be more or less streight, try walking keeping your knees bent as they go under you and you will see exactly what i mean :)

tpe

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.