PDA

View Full Version : Images rejected.

kaisasose
05-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi there,

I just wanted some clarification on the moderation process. I've had my image published in a magazine's gallery section but somehow it doesn't meet cgtalks standards. This is not the first time this has happened and I'm confused.

I've put a link to my latest piece that was rejected for "quality" reasons. HERE (http://tinyurl.com/7gkkk3x)

leigh
05-28-2012, 04:20 PM
The best thing to do is do as the message you received suggested, and post this in the WIP forum for feedback. This is because we simply don't have the time to give an individual critique of every image rejected, considering how many are processed on a daily basis.

In short though, if this is meant as a realistic CG character, then you still have a lot of work to do because it's not yet realistic. Parts of the work aren't even textured, and your shaders and lighting could be greatly improved too. If realism is your goal, I'd also suggest more work on the actual model, as it's currently very smooth, symmetrical and lacking in detail. Whereas if it's meant as a stylised piece, you could do a lot more in terms of simply creating a more interesting image with what you've got. Mug shot style presentations are not traditionally considered attractive. When you've gone to so much effort to model something, why present it in such an unimaginative way? Part of creating memorable images is doing something interesting with them - not just in terms of camera usage but also in terms of lighting, mood, etc.

Regarding the fact that this was accepted in another gallery - different galleries have different criteria; acceptance on another site doesn't automatically mean acceptance on any other.

kaisasose
05-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2012, 04:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.