PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Battle Tank Concept WIP!!

HairyHowler
11-24-2003, 09:27 PM
This is my first post here at CGTalk. Here is a Tank concept I modeled the other day. The idea of it came from a picture I found on this site about a month ago. I am not sure who drew the original picture so if anyone knows please let me know I would like to give props to the orginal artist.

Anyways, here is the model. The textures and lighting is just a test to see how I might want to color the tank. The main modeling is done and I am thinking about adding some piping and other doo-dads on the surface. Let me know what you think, all C&C are welcome.

http://www.expression.edu/~rwolfe/models/BattleTank.jpg

PS. Here is the same tank with some five spoke wheels... just for some fun.

http://www.expression.edu/~rwolfe/models/BattleTankWheels.jpg

Tim Mews
11-25-2003, 03:37 AM
Interesting concept, I like it.

I would definetly add some details to the tank like you said pipes and stuff plus some ineresting detailed textures.

One thing though I think that the position where the main cockpit is looks like it might be too low, becuse the stuff on the left and right would obscure the view. Just a thought.

How many poly's?

Tim

KazuyaMochu
11-25-2003, 10:44 AM
That's my tank! I'm honored!
cool!

eh eh eh! I clicked the link before I read the text and I was a bit like... "what tha hell... can't be!" So I read the post, and saw you found it here.

did you get to see the other concepts?

this is the link to the original thread
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96426

--------------------

Ok, as for the model it self, well, I think you pretty much got it all. You added some cool new assets. But thoes side cannons need revising. not by you. by me. the way they come out of the body doesn't look so good...

ok other than that, very good.

tank with costume rims? are you a gta modder?

Kazuya Mochu

HairyHowler
11-25-2003, 05:48 PM
Tim Mews I am totally going to add some more detail, and the textures are going to be worked out slowly, because I need some help on my texturing abilities, so I'm going to take my time.

As far as the poly count goes: with the 5 spoke wheels it's 23204 tri's and without the wheels it's 12132 tri's.

I do agree with the rasing of the cock pit though... I never even thought about that. Thank a lot.

Kazuya Mochu Yes I did see the other concept you drew, I was actually thinking of doing that one next. I'm glad that you like what I've done. If you do get around to redesigning the ol' tank then send it my way... I agree with how the barrel on the sides connects I was thinking about that the other night. Let me know if you come up with something.

HairyHowler
11-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Tim Mews I am for sure going to put some more detail in a lot of the body areas, and as for texturing I'm going to take my time, cause thats what I need the most work on.

I thank you for the idea on moving the cockpit, I never thought that the side barrells are in the way of viewing. Thanks for that.

Poly wise the one with the wheels is 23204 tri's and the one with the standard wheels is 12132 tri's.

Kazuya Mochu I'm glad that you like the model. Yes I did see the other concept, and i was actually thinking about doing the other next. As for the side barrells let me know if you do another redesign of those, cause i was thinking the same thing, and I would love to see your ideas for what to do. Thanks.

Howard Day
12-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Any updates on this one? Perhaps a texture? maybe some application of what you're learning at work? hint. hint.
Anything?

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.