PDA

View Full Version : sceneReport script question

digitaltoon
11-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi All:

I am trying to use the sceneReport mel script from Mel Companion:Maya Scripting for 3D Artists book and am totally confused. I run the script(the final one) and it prompts me to select a scene file which I do where upon it converts the file-without any warning to a small file and does not return an html file which I thought was the point....

Any help out there...or if David Stripinis is around could he please respond...I can really use this right now!!!

Thanks!

dstripinis
11-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Wow. Looks like a paragraph went missing from pg 424. gotta have that errata'd

Because there is no built in facility to create a file using a file dialog, you need to point to a pre-existing file. the easy way to do this in windows or Mac is to right-click and go "new-Text document" and rename it to an html.

I just tried it out with the cd version of the script and it worked here.

Let me know if you have any more questions

digitaltoon
11-26-2003, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the reply David!

I am doing as you suggested and my work procedure is as follows

1-I open up the maya file-filenamexxx I want a scene report of

2-I type in sceneReport

3-Open file window pops up whereupon I select filenamexxx.html

4-Maya freezes and nothing is created in filenamexxx.html

I am using maya5.0.1 on a network..windows2000

Any ideas?

ps-if you select a maya file...which is what I thought originally I was supposed to...it converts the file -in my case from 11 mb to 538k...tried to save as html and open but kept opening up in maya...You should warn users about that I think ?

Thanks
Andrew

digitaltoon
12-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Hi David- or anyone else familiar with this script

Still haven't got this to work..
My workflow is below...

Can you let me know what the problem is?

Thanks

Andrew

digitaltoon
12-16-2003, 09:19 PM
AnyOne...????David????

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.