PDA

View Full Version : Can someone point me a good tutorial for ICE SPH simulation for a newbie?

CerberusC
05-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Can someone point me a good tutorial for ICE SPH simulation for a newbie?

That's it.

Cheers and thanks.

HFnord
05-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Depends on what you mean by ICE SPH...
The original addon named ICE SPH created by Thiago Costa and Grant Kot
or the Lagoa Multiphysics (by Thiago Costa) integrated in Softimage since 2011SAP?
If you mean Lagoa I believe there is an introduction to it by Digital Tutors.

CerberusC
05-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks HFNord.

I was referring to the latest ICE version (Softimage 2013) with Lagoa.

Also i was thinking something free, from the community, anyway, thanks for the tip, i'll check the Digital Tutors course, but if you know something in some website or in Youtube/Vimeo, it would be great :D

Thanks and cheers.

HFnord
05-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Still haven't found any free one, but as an alternative to the one by Digital Tutors
(who only do Subscription these days AFAIK), i3D Tutorials offers a downloadable introduction to Lagoa:
Mastering the Art of ICE Volume II: Lagoa Multiphysics (http://www.i3dtutorials.com/tutorial/91_mastering-the-art-of-ice-volume-ii-lagoa-multiphysics)
:)

CerberusC
05-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks HFnord, i'll check it.

Another question, do you think that softimage with Lagoa Fluids and emFluid is a good and fast solution for fluid simulations?

Cheers.

HFnord
05-25-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't think Lagoa is necessarily the fastest/best solution but for many projects it most definitely more than suffices (and it being fully integrated counts too!). I have no experience whatsoever with emFluid, but everything I read about it seems positive...

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2012, 06:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.