PDA

View Full Version : New 'Thunderbirds' trailer online

kilikili
11-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Looks like a fun movie with a stylized effects. Jonathon Frakes is the director.

What they said:

"Working Title Films has posted an exclusive look at the new trailer for Universal's Thunderbirds, coming to theaters on August 6. The film, directed by Jonathan Frakes, stars Sir Ben Kingsley, Bill Paxton, Anthony Edwards, Sophia Myles, Ron Cook, Dominic Colenso, Brady Corbet, Lex Shrapnel, Ben Torgeson and Philip Winchester.

Based on the 1960s cult U.K. television puppet series, Thunderbirds follows the Tracy family and their top-secret International Rescue organization. They travel around the world carrying out covert missions with the Thunderbirds, a set of five vehicles ranging from a rocket to a space station."

More>>> (http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=2453)

Site with trailer here. (http://www.workingtitlefilms.com/nusite.php)

-Kilikili
Going for an avatar

jscott
11-24-2003, 07:52 PM
It looks kind of stupid....like Power Rangers without the masks.

-jscott

RobertoOrtiz
11-24-2003, 09:22 PM
I like it. I t has a cool retro scifi look.

-R

gginther
11-24-2003, 09:38 PM
I agree, this looks kind of lame. The original series was cool as a 60s Gerry Anderson puppetoon, and the puppet characters gave it sort of a surreal feeling. So now we have live actors dressed up to look like puppets. . . yeesh. Watching this clip gave a me an awful flashback to the 80s era Buck Rogers on TV: cool spaceship sequences interspersed with awful live action footage. hopefully this will turn out to be more fun than it looks. . . .

kilikili
11-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by RobertoOrtiz
I like it. I t has a cool retro scifi look.

-R

I agree. It's almost as if the 60's found present day technology and greated graphics with the 60's mentality. I'm in for something fresh and different for a change.

-Kilikili
Going for an avatar

Projectkmo
11-25-2003, 04:02 AM
That Rocks!! NOW....if only the folks re-makin BSGalactica haddone like the Thunderbirds folks and LEFT THE SHIPS the SAME.....then I'd be just as pumped for BSG.

This just looks like it'll be a Fun movie to watch...the trailer made me smile...maybe its nastalgia? or however you spell that damn word... but it looks like a fun movie :buttrock:

Fasty
11-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Blur's Song 2? What the...? The original thunderbirds theme is a classic! Hearing that would have made me more excited for this film.

"Get ready.... to feeeelll.... the thunder.." :rolleyes:

It looks and sounds like another Lost in Space.

"Woo Hoo"

mestela
11-25-2003, 09:32 AM
Can anyone provide a direct link to the quicktime? The working title site doesn't play nice with our browsers...

here's the direct link:

http://www.workingtitlefilms.com/film67/67image5_2_movie.swf

lone
11-26-2003, 02:50 AM
i've been watching episodes of UFO (another GERRY ANDERSON series) - a prime candidate for a remake, as a series or a film. it also has a 'cool retro scifi look'.

CG.p
11-26-2003, 03:07 AM
They should have just taken a picture of a pile of dog crap and keyed it over a real trailer instead of compressing video into a flash file. Gives the same effect as watching through the compression artifacts.

tauism
11-26-2003, 04:43 AM
it doesn't feel anything like the original thunderbirds!

ages
11-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Terra Hawks were more fun.

The only time I ever want to see Bill Paxton in a movie is when hes dressed in USMC armour and a pulse rifle...

colkai
11-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by lone
i've been watching episodes of UFO (another GERRY ANDERSON series) - a prime candidate for a remake, as a series or a film. it also has a 'cool retro scifi look'.

Well hold on to your horses then, a UK mag SFX has a snippet saying it is being looked at for a revamp,
of course, there is the dreaded 're-imagining' problem.

So long as they keep the girls on moonbase in purple wigs and mini-skirts! ;)
I always thought Ed Strakers car was cool, the Interceptors are a big goofy, one massive missile hanging off the front, but hey - top TV!

JulianHo
11-27-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by colkai
I always thought Ed Strakers car was cool, the Interceptors are a big goofy, one massive missile hanging off the front, but hey - top TV! [/B]

My favorite SHADO vehicle are the Sky-Diver submarine and Sky-1, the fighter jet attached to its front.

Of course, it would be even more right if they did it with MODELS instead of CG. :) Somehow using plastic models made it felt more 'real'.

Blue-prints and schematics of SHADO vehicles and base layout can be found here: http://ufoseries.com/artofufo/

Bliz
11-27-2003, 07:26 AM
I actually think that's looking pretty good.
There's a saying in computer game development regarding driving games

"The car's the star"

It looks like they've realised that the ship designs were just as important [if not more] to the look and feel of the original series than the character puppets were.
So I'm glad they've left the ships intact.

fred_bock
11-27-2003, 08:46 AM
This workingtitlefilms, i'm seasick...
:argh:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.