PDA

View Full Version : store bone poses?

vapulus
11-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Hey, guys. I'm working on a project that uses 3D Director for help in an immersive Language learning environment. Director can't take any form of vertex deformation, so it all has to be done with bones. I can rig the character's face fine, but my question is:
Is there any plugin or something I'm missing in lightwave that lets you store a bone pose and recall it. Better yet would be allowing you to blend to it, but I don't expect that. Recalling a pose would be good enough. I'd hate to have to make a pile of negative keyframes just to store each facial shape...that would quickly get old. Thanks, guys.

EDIT: obviously motion mixer is an option, but i was looking for something very simple. If MM is required, that's what I'll do, though.

-vap

SplineGod
11-24-2003, 05:57 PM
You can definately do it with motion mixer and its pretty easy. MikeRB has a tutorial somewhere on doing it.
Also check on flay.I think theres an lscript to save bone poses.

Kvaalen
11-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by SplineGod
You can definately do it with motion mixer and its pretty easy. MikeRB has a tutorial somewhere on doing it.
Also check on flay.I think theres an lscript to save bone poses.

It also has its own small manual which is fairly simple. :)

CIM
11-24-2003, 10:39 PM
I have an old script that I did (never finished it). It lets you store poses to a list, then you can toggle through them at any time.

SplineGod
11-25-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by CIM
I have an old script that I did (never finished it). It lets you store poses to a list, then you can toggle through them at any time.
Cim ya bastid! :)
Dust that bad boy off and post it up somewhere. :)

T4D
11-25-2003, 02:53 AM
i use the negative frame numbers eg -5 -10 -15 -20 -25
you can skip though them pretty quick with the Shift and the arrow keys i sometimes grab keys in between the main poses and paste them too.

found the pose you want press " create keys" type the target key the pose needs to go And create Keys for all items, selected item, Or what ever

not fancy but works for me :blush:

most of the time renders etc start at Frame 0
so things before frame 0 never effect anything really.

kevman3d
11-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by CIM

That's interesting - I did a similiar thing that snapshot all the bones at the current frame into a simple text file so one of the guys at work could reload a pose back onto a frame in another scene. But it was buggy and I didn't really bother to fix it up cause I was busy at the time on another project. I think now after working a lot more with LScript that I know what was wrong...

However, CIM's sounds much sexier - Like a pose librarian! :) I say finish that baby off CIM and post it up!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.