PDA

View Full Version : Random effector and xpresso problem

Oluphant
05-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Hello all,
Hope you are all doing fantastic, I was wondering if you would be able to help me solve a little problem I've run into.
I created an animation in C4D that uses radially cloned sweep nurbs to "grow" a sphere, I added a random effector with a time offset to get a little variation in how the shape appears as shown in the a screen capture. I also need to be able to drive this animation with a slider so I set it up in xpresso. However the slider completely evens out the transformation. Is there a way to include the Mograph effector in the xpresso calculations?
I've attached my attempt at xpresso for your perusal as well.

Oluphant
05-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Ah I think I found my error. I used a random effector to offset keyframes to create variation. Since there are no keyframes in this xpresso set up there is nothing to offset and the random effector is useless. I am really new to this, do yo'll know of any other way to offset the end growth of a sweep nurbs?

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2012, 06:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.