PDA

View Full Version : Animanium demo available

kemijo
11-24-2003, 08:14 AM
EDIT: This link will take you to the download site for the Animanium, but after filling in your information THE DEMO IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE YET. Sorry for any mistunderstanding..I suppose we'll have to keep waiting.

:shrug:

---Original Message---

Well, enough dreaming...a demo version is now available for Animanium.

Give it a whirl and post your opinions!

Animanuim Demo (https://secure.usaindexweb.com/animanium/php/download.php)

Per-Anders
11-24-2003, 08:40 AM
wtf? tried to download and it sent me to a .mac homepage, well the usual we've run out of bandwidth message... surely this can't be so, that can't be serious LOL

BarbaPappa
11-24-2003, 08:41 AM
sounds great... Unfortunately i couldn't download it since the link, when completing the form, seems wrong. j

I'll try again later...

S. J. Tubbrit
11-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Yeah, same here, the links appears to be broken, shame...

http://homepage.mac.com/imosan/trial/R1.3.4.zip

endseason
11-24-2003, 10:20 AM
same error .. too bad...i was looking for this !!!!!!!!!

SheepFactory
11-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Good job sega!

I guess now we'll wait another 9 months while the "demo page is under development"

progerik
11-24-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory
Good job sega!

I guess now we'll wait another 9 months while the "demo page is under development"

LOL!!! :)

kemijo
11-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Ah, cripes!

Is that .mac page the link for all versions of the software?

Wish I could have tested out the link first...rats.

NUKE-CG
11-25-2003, 08:33 AM
How unprofessional. :rolleyes:

Come on Sega! show me the money!

melchior_
11-25-2003, 08:48 AM
I can't find a download link on their website or an announcement of downloadable demo, so maybe it's not supposed to be ready yet?

ambient-whisper
11-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by melchior_
I can't find a download link on their website or an announcement of downloadable demo, so maybe it's not supposed to be ready yet?

yeah im thinking the same. probably still in the works.

steveblake
11-25-2003, 02:39 PM
Francesco Campobasso posted a link to this interesting review (http://www.rendernode.com/articles.php?articleId=103&page=1) over at cg-char ...

thedaemon
11-25-2003, 02:49 PM
this thread lies!! All lies!! :cry:
never do that to me again. :thumbsup:

progerik
11-25-2003, 02:52 PM
thanks steveblake
sounded good at first but since IŽve read the review ,I am not so sure now, especially with the stupid price tag, I think this will be worth buying once it is fully integrated into your application of choice, so the interface remain the same no import export and use of the graph editor , having said that I still want to check it out once the demo becomes available ;)

MosaFacku
11-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Ken,

Thanks for the link, but how'd you get it? I tried finding a "Download the Trial" from their main site, and I must be blind cause I can't find it. Were you able to download it?

markdc
11-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Seriously, how hard is it to put up a working link?

kemijo
11-25-2003, 08:47 PM
I was not able to actually download it, as I am not at my 'work home' (currently visiting my real home in Toronto).

The ones that actually tried have explained that after filling out the info, the demo still was not downloadable...I was tricked by Sega, I swear :rolleyes: The link works...their site doesn't.

Sorry for any misunderstanding...I should have edited my original post.

MosaFacku: They have removed the link. I believe I just clicked on 'Download' at the top.

NUKE-CG
11-26-2003, 03:07 AM
That RenderNode review pretty much killed the last bit of motivation left in using Animanium, for me, the price tag alone is quite crazy, but good luck Sega.. you are seriously going to need it.

MosaFacku
11-26-2003, 04:15 AM
i saw it at e3. it didn't look like something i'd actually want to work with. probablt a case where i just download the demo, play with it for 15 minutes, then uninstall it...kinda like motionbuilder.....:curious:

soknik
11-28-2003, 03:50 AM
Very confusing since at the top it says Animanium demo video then underneath it says trail version. So which isnt ready? the trial version or the demo video. Just like the miscast release date this is very unprofessional.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.