PDA

View Full Version : Le Chemin - Student Short

N0RM
05-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi guys! I thought I'd share with you my first little student film. Everything was done by me except for the music witch was done by the talented Max LL (http://maxll.ca/). I learned so much throughout the project and I can't wait to start working on new things.

For those curious, I used the following softwares:
Softimage 2012 (modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, hair, lighting and rendering),
Photoshop CS5 (textures),
NukeX 6.3 (compositing) and
Premiere Pro CS5 (editing)

Feel free to leave your comments here or on the vimeo page (where you can also watch it in HD):

vimeo.com/narchambault/lechemin

Thanks!

Delucubus
05-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Great job, perfect example of what a student short should be. Simple, to the point, and well executed.

Except I'd say you went further than that, you have a great connection between the characters, there's a great understanding of the emotion and the change that happens in the short.

Great job.

toufalex
05-16-2012, 02:02 AM
great job for a first short ! ;)

I particularly like the attention to details (the nose that bulges when touching the llama...)

How long did you take to make it ?

N0RM
05-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks a lot for your comments Delucubus and toufalex! I'm glad you liked it.

toufalex, among other classes, I had this project where in the first 2 months, I was doing pre-prod and then about 5 months for production and post-prod. Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2012, 03:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.