PDA

View Full Version : Camera 'lens size' for organic modelling

grrinc
05-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Hi guys.

What would one suggest as a good way to keep an eye on view port 'lens distortion'? I am modelling a human but as I zoom back and forth, the head seems to be the part of the body that responds more to the view port lens distortion. I keep tweaking and going back and reworking etc. And as for the orpho views, it looks very strange indeed. But when I get kind of close up, the head seems fine.

So I guess what I'm asking is, what is a good rule of thumb camera size to work with whilst modelling?

Meloncov
05-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Human eye is roughly equivalent to 22 millimeter, so that's a good place to start. If it looks terribly off in orthagonals that's probably indicative of something being wrong, though.

grrinc
05-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Human eye is roughly equivalent to 22 millimeter, so that's a good place to start. If it looks terribly off in orthagonals that's probably indicative of something being wrong, though.

Thanks. That's very interesting to know. I may retake the reference photo with that lens a 22mm setting and work from there.

CGTalk Moderation
05-15-2012, 12:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.