PDA

View Full Version : Finished my 10 second club piece...

jjburton
11-24-2003, 12:55 AM
This was my first lip sync. I had a lot of fun doing it. All Lightwave and ACS4 for the rig. Hope you like:)

Here you go... (http://www.jjburtonstudios.com/media/videos/Nov03_10sec_web.mov)

Here's a still:
http://www.jjburtonstudios.com/media/images/Josh_Burton320x240.jpg

Infinity3d4life
11-24-2003, 01:56 AM
Hey looks pretty good to me... When you have a wav file how do you know which keyframes the words are going to fall on?? It seems a little painful to scrub through the audio in layout

jjburton
11-24-2003, 01:58 AM
It actually wasn't bad. I did what some of the guys recommened and resampled at 8bit mono and scrubbing was fine. I also tried the audio channel feature in the graph editor but found the scrubbing more useful. Playback speed in layout was never a problem. Hope that helps:)

Facial Deluxe
11-24-2003, 09:56 AM
Excellent ! cool !
My only crit would be the hands position (voice out saying "not the kind of movie) which doesn't seem too natural IMHO IMHO.
Great overal anyway :wip:

Remi
11-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Looks pretty good....there seems to be some snaping in the arms....Ik generates this for me too....is there any Fk driven bones in the arms to help correct it? If not, I would probably suggest getting rid of the ik and just use fk....it's much more controlable....great job though burton....keep it up:)

jjburton
11-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Facial Deluxe- agreed. That was the top of my list to fix, I just ran out of time. Was due today:) Lesson learned though.

Remi- Thanks man. I know what you mean, I think I may have to take a look at that. There's an option to do FK rig with ACS4, I might have to play with that. I'll definitely watch that in my next animation.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.