PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard shortcut for ColorPicker dialog?

tr1cky
11-24-2003, 12:19 AM
I can't figure out what the keyboard shortcut is for the colorpicker dialog? D is for default colors (which I guess are black and white and can't be changed) and X is to swap colors, but what is it to pick an actual color?

I've recently started painting in full-screen mode (with all windows tabbed-off) and it's a real slow-down without being able to use a keyboard shortcut to pick your color. Anyone have any idea why there's no shortcut for this? (or am I just completely blind?)

Please help me! :)

halo
11-24-2003, 12:52 AM
if you want to sample colours from your document when using a brush for instance "alt" temporarily invokes the eyedropper.

Im not sure if theres a direct k'board shortcut for the colour picker (there may be one though) but another route if there isnt is to have your swatch colour palette open...if thats not enough, double click the colour squares in the colour palette to invoke your more familiar picker :)

tr1cky
11-24-2003, 01:18 AM
No, I do not want to sample the color from my image. I want a new color. Yes, double-clicking the squares, but the keyboard shortcut for this, without having to double-click. And without having to have a color swatches palette open (which in itself is unintuitive).

f3rry
11-29-2003, 12:24 PM
All I can suggest for this one is to make a new layer with the Hue color variance somewhere on ur canvas (you can get this by open up a color pallete and press print screen)

Then you can pick the color by pressing alt+click on the color.

If you are doing traditional painting (usually by setting the brush on low opacity+multiply mode) this is perfect for u.

bumskee
11-30-2003, 09:31 PM
I have been looking for that keyboard short key too, but have not found it so far. As far I know there isn't one which opens the colour picker window.

bodom
12-01-2003, 05:09 PM
hi, i always wanted to know if there's a shortcut-list online.. has anyone uploaded something like that in the past? if you know please let me know the url, thanks a lot in advance...:bounce:

halo
12-01-2003, 05:40 PM
RTM :)

tr1cky
12-01-2003, 07:11 PM
All the shortcuts are listed in the help file. Except the one I need ;)
it makes no sense for adobe to simply omit this. That's rather important.

halo
12-01-2003, 08:43 PM
could it be that its omitted because there isnt one?:surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.