PDA

View Full Version : Create Fire - Problem with small Objects.

Quantaqa
05-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Hey together,

I was working on a actually very simple torch that I want to light up with a small fire coming from a sphere thats lying inside of the bowl. But, as soon as I try adding the fire dynamics to the small object (.05/.05/0.05) things get a little bit tricky. The flame is non existent - there is a gigantic spark thats flying by every 200 frames or so, but thats it.

Is there anything I'm missing out on? What can I do to make this thingy burn the entire time?

regards.

animatedfox
05-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Saw nobody responded to your post, so thought I would post at least one viable solution.
If you start with a larger fluid shape and achieve the look you want, you can cache the fluid and then just scale down the fluid transform to fit in the scene where you want it.
Not sure about the finer points of working with fluids at a small scale, but I have used the transform on fluids many times as a brute force method when all else failed.
Hope that helps.
~Ben

Schempp
05-16-2012, 06:56 AM
I got the feeling that he was using the fire effect, wich is particles, right? If soo it might very much be a scene scale issue.

animatedfox
05-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Either way, he could also scale the particle transform as well.
If the nucleus scale settings don't get him what he needs.
But, I guess he is no longer with us.
Sad really.

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2012, 02:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.