PDA

View Full Version : Render quality in Menal Ray is very grainy...

aweyrich
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
So I have a Maya scene that has Vue xstream integration in it and so I have to render with Mental Ray because the Vue Scene will not come out at all unless I use Mental Ray.

So when I go to render - the construction vehicles in the scene come out very grainy/low quality. I am rendering at 300dpi. Is there anything I can do to increase the quality/sharpness of the renders? Oh and I am rendering out at the size 1280 x 720 as jpegs. (and this is in Maya 2012). See attached....

yogeshsherman
05-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Check out if two surfaces are intersecting first.
Also increase your shadow resolution or raytrace samples.

eikonoklastes
05-09-2012, 05:37 AM
Seems like a straight up anti-aliasing issue. Increase your samples to 0, 2 at minimum and take it from there.

InfernalDarkness
05-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Do some searching for information on mental ray, perhaps, if you're unfamiliar with it? How do these objects look directly in Maya when you render them? Your render settings look like they're on Preview mode here (defaults) if that. You're going to want to adjust the antialiasing, raytracing perhaps, and Final Gather integration with Vue. You're going to have a nightmare with Vue, but I say go for it!

What do your render settings look like, currently, for mental ray?

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2012, 05:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.