PDA

View Full Version : character: Misterious_vampire

RVG
11-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Hi to everyone!!!
I'm Ravi Govind (my nick is RVG), I'm 17 years old and I live in Las palmas (Canary islands, Spain). I'm interested very much in Computer Graphics and animation. The problem is that Las Palmas isn't a very good place to perform professional 3D animation or digital art careers, so I'm thinking about going out to any special university. But I don't have any good guidance, so i'm trying to contact as much people as I can (Can anyone tell me where could I start to develop my skills in a professional way?)

I thank a lot to one of my favourite artists, Meats Meier, who suggested me this site to post some work.

Because I can't go on very well with 3d animation, i've been making use of my drawing skills to elaborate some illustrations and drawings. This is one of them, the Misterious_vampire. It was hand-drawn and then retouched it in Photoshop.

Hope you all enjoy it!!!

* original size is here : http://www.ed2kmagazine.com/modules/coppermine/albums/RGV/conde_vampiro.jpg

http://www.ed2kmagazine.com/modules/coppermine/albums/RGV/normal_conde_vampiro.jpg

VerticalVertex
11-23-2003, 07:50 PM
luving it.

keight
11-23-2003, 07:55 PM
There is so much really nice detail in this that is lost the way you've rendered it. I love the glow, and the sense that the vampire is there but not physically solid/substantial. I just think this would really pop if you shaded selected bits of the character and background completely, as though seen through gaps in the mist effect you have going on here.

RVG
11-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi!!!
Thanks for yr critics, now I see the mistakes. That's what I really wanted because usually I post something and people even don't give any replies!!
I really liked yr suggestions. Thanks a lot!!! ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.