PDA

View Full Version : How to make cigarette smoke?

vked
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Heyy..

I'm new to this forum adn would really appreciate if you could help me out here.
I want to learn how to create smoke using blender 2.6.
Looked through a lot of tutorials still i'm not getting the desired effect.

Can you please help?

Amphitrite
06-06-2012, 04:07 AM
I suppose you already played with the Smoke Simulator in Blender and watched all those tutorials. What are you aiming for? You set the domain where the smoke will be enclosed (with a basic Cube or a Cilinder or a curve), then you add another object which will be the smoke's "mesh", you render a few frames afterwards and you adjust the final settings to make the smoke to appear thinner and less cloudy. Then you can combine that with 1 or 2 Force Fields (Wind type) with the Force Field Simulator to try to make the smoke to twist like cigarette smoke (instead of going straight upwards) and after all that, apply the Smoke Mod. to transform the smoke to a hi-res mesh that you can alter its transparency, smoothness and what not with shaders and alphas and some sculpt tools (if you want to do prepare it for a render still).

I'm out of ideas, maybe you need to experiment with the settings a bit more. Also, a screenshot to see what is the problem might help ;)

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2012, 04:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.