PDA

View Full Version : CAT muscle in Max 2013....

dunkelzahn
05-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Hey everybody,

just checking out CAT in Max 2013 and it´s not feeling good.

First I hoped they made some enhancements to it. However the first enhancement I stumbled upon was the function to copy and mirror muscle strand properties from one muscle strand. Now, this looks good and I really like it. Copying/mirroring CAT muscles however made my system crash over and over again.

Anybody experience the same bug? I´d hate to return to the old school style of copying the whole stuff by hand.

Cheers

Chris

RGhost
05-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Confirming. :// Max crashed when paste. Another feature is broken.

Gräck
05-05-2012, 01:10 PM
In general, I do not recommend to copy any CAT bone or muscle by using the Max clone tool. There is a good risk this will lead to crashes and even corrupt your scene. I did not have problems by using the CAT copy&paste buttons however. Simply create a new CAT muscle or bone instead of copying it and use the copy&paste buttons to copy your muscle/bone transforms and settings.

RGhost
05-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Simply create a new CAT muscle or bone instead of copying it and use the copy&paste buttons to copy your muscle/bone transforms and settings.

Exactly Copy/Paste is broken.

1. Create CATMsucle.
2. Set "L" in properties rollout.
3. Press "Copy muscle settings"
4. Create another one CATMsucle in different location.
5. Set "R" in properties rollout.
6. Press "Paste muscle settings"
MAX crashed.

p.s.(bug is submitted)

Gräck
05-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh, I'm still using Max 2011 as CAT in 2013 is unusable anyway. Sorry for the confusion ;-)

3DMadness
05-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Tried here and crashed as well, also reported the bug.

BTW, talking about CAT bugs in newer version, have anyone know if there is really a bug in the Panther rig? Just create a cat parent with the Panther preset, create a new abs layer, hit play and some of the legs bones moves. Is it a bug or there is anything to do? If I create the same rig from scratch it works fine. And IIRC, it started in max 2012. :shrug:

gandhics
05-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Oh, I'm still using Max 2011 as CAT in 2013 is unusable anyway. Sorry for the confusion ;-)

Can you give some more detail what exactly is problem of CAT in 2013?

nildoe
05-07-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm Also using cat in max11 mainly because in later version max 12 and 13 IK FK are still broken, amongst other annoying things!

For those that don't know TPT = The Puppet Tool, its a tool I asked scriptattack.com's Petr (maker and developer of Bonyface), to make for me a while ago, i think it's available thru scriptspot, it has a neat feature to copy and paste opposite that's useful for posing limbs...but currently it only works with the top most layer, very useful nonetheless.

TPT is also very useful for transfering BIP files to CAT as it has a MB (Make Biped) Button that maks a biped as close as possible to an existing CAT rig in the scene...VERY useful, saves alotta time.

Nildo

dunkelzahn
05-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Okay, so the bug is confirmed and submitted (Did that as well, just wanted to check with other people), so before this degrades into a CAT/Autdesk bashment, could we please close this thread?

Thank you very much

Chris

RGhost
06-01-2012, 07:03 PM
After installing PU2 bug has changed :) Max stop crashing, but result of copy/paste is not as expected. :/

RGhost
11-21-2012, 10:54 AM
PU6 is out. Bug still present.

I made this video to show this bug, and also created topic at uservoice.

https://3dsmaxfeedback.autodesk.com/forums/136620-cat-bugs-and-requests/suggestions/3365222-catmuscle-copy-paste-bug

http://youtu.be/rdY-IoTc7wU

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2012, 10:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.