PDA

View Full Version : Using Bouju, and tracking large scenes.

Chicano3000X3
05-02-2012, 08:30 AM
I was wondering, would Bouju be good for lets say for example:

I use a camera to record downtown los angeles. I zoom into the skyline, and zoom out. and pan the camera a bit. What if I was to create some extra buildings to add to the skyline? What would I have to do? I watched a few tutorials on the program just tracking simple things like the ground. But I wanna know how they can track huge scenes.

And can it be done using c4D?

TheOnlyAaron
05-04-2012, 03:21 AM
I don't know if boujou can do a zoom track, but I do know Syntheyes can, that and synth eyes is a shit ton faster. All that aside, if you can, i would shoot the plate at a larger resoulution, and do the zoom in post. it makes the track unstable, and pretty often breaks beyond a simple solution if you do one, so if you can do it in post I would.

Also, it sounds like you are doing a destroyed city thing, I would suggest doing 2d tracks, if you can, for some of the assets. that may be an easier way if you do a zoom. After effects can do it, but mocha can do nicer ones.

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2012, 03:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.