PDA

View Full Version : Selene

proudclod
11-22-2003, 08:20 PM
Heylo :D Im practicing skinning, and i actual came up with something that im happy with, it might not be as good as you guyz do, but its good enough for me :D

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/485379/selenerender3.jpg

proudclod
11-22-2003, 08:22 PM
and the texture, sorry this is very blurry, since i converted it to a bad quality jpeg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/485379/seleneskinshowandtell.jpg

the_zed_axis
11-23-2003, 03:38 AM
its a start
but u need more practice
try using charcoal and do some'real' drawings try to get highlights and detail this will 'rub' off on what u do in 3d
its a good idea to present a model with a light background so the shape and color do not blend with the background and are more distinguisable

Poopinmymouth
11-23-2003, 04:49 AM
OoooooooooooooooooooooK, it is great taht you are starting at 16, I wish i had for sure. This is a good start as you have figured out already that there are highlights and shadows, and you painted them in. It looks tho as if you painted the highlights like a bump map, where the height off the surface determines how bright it is, rather than picking a light source and then shading the forms how the light would hit. One thing I would suggest, which I am in the middle of right now, is to read the book, drawing on the right side of the brain. I promise you it will make your next model and skin 10x better. Keep up the good work, and remember you have a long carreer in front of you and that when your just starting out your work may not look as good as the pro's but everyone has to go through their learning stages before they can pump out the Gold. Keep it up man!

twindragon
11-23-2003, 05:12 AM
what every good artist needs is a reference. Look at clothing faces etc and bring that into your textures. And take time developing the texture. and to save time such as in the face area mirror the one side and if its not symmetrical add differences afterwards. Keep it up.

proudclod
11-25-2003, 02:20 AM
i never said i was 16......

Im 13 :P

Thx allot for the crits guys, you don't belive how useful they are :D

GrandCherub
11-25-2003, 10:08 AM
i think they do, since everyone has to start somewhere.

For now i think you got to deeply involved with just the highlights and shadows and you overdid it a bit. Try to think up the shapes and layout first (as said before reference is a virtue).

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.