PDA

View Full Version : Chong Linghu

memoryisblood
04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone, I come from Taiwan. This is one of my 2D illustrator works. It looks like between illustrator and comic style, I hope you'll like it, and hope you can give me suggest more.

This guy's name is Chong Linghu, he is a very famouse and popular tough guy in old Chinese chivalric fiction. In the fiction, he always drinking and joking around, but he still is a good person, at least he is a important main character in the fiction series, but every drama or movie always makes his styling looks too gentle, so I redefinition his styling like this.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9254/chonglinghu.jpg

BillyWJ
05-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Hi everyone, I come from Taiwan. This is one of my 2D illustrator works. It looks like between illustrator and comic style, I hope you'll like it, and hope you can give me suggest more.

This guy's name is Chong Linghu, he is a very famouse and popular tough guy in old Chinese chivalric fiction. In the fiction, he always drinking and joking around, but he still is a good person, at least he is a important main character in the fiction series, but every drama or movie always makes his styling looks too gentle, so I redefinition his styling like this.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9254/chonglinghu.jpg

How about adding a background?

memoryisblood
05-01-2012, 08:08 AM
How about adding a background?

Yeah, that's what I thinking. I'm figuring the view, pale colors, like Chinese landscape painting. when I done, I'll upload here. thanks, BillyWJ.

Lunatique
05-07-2012, 03:18 AM
His neck looks unnaturally thick, and his chest looks like the skin's been pulled across too tightly. You need to define the turning forms on his anatomy more. Use credible and appropriate references when you do work like this.

For this type of character portrait, you don't necessarily need an elaborate background. Maybe just some wash/splash in the style of Chinese traditional watercolor?

The structure of his skull and facial features can use a bit more work. His features don't quite line up properly with the tilt of his head.

memoryisblood
05-07-2012, 10:54 AM
His neck looks unnaturally thick, and his chest looks like the skin's been pulled across too tightly. You need to define the turning forms on his anatomy more. Use credible and appropriate references when you do work like this.

For this type of character portrait, you don't necessarily need an elaborate background. Maybe just some wash/splash in the style of Chinese traditional watercolor?

The structure of his skull and facial features can use a bit more work. His features don't quite line up properly with the tilt of his head.

I flip horizontal to check, his skin of chest muscle really looks too tightly. I was going to draw the outline of his sternum, but I didn't make it. The shadow of his neck need to realigned, too much high light makes it looks too thick.

I think the background just some splash blood kinda cool, abstract, not reality, like "300". Thanks, Lunatique.

Quadart
05-07-2012, 12:11 PM
I think the neck size is fine. The problem is the head is too small. Increase the head size to 115% and it will fit the body (as well as current neck size).

memoryisblood
05-07-2012, 10:26 PM
I think the neck size is fine. The problem is the head is too small. Increase the head size to 115% and it will fit the body (as well as current neck size).

Thanks, Quadart. Yeah, I always like to shrink the head a little bit, like comic style, to set off a strong body, let men looks stronger, but I didn't expect that it will make him looks weird, ha ha... I'll remember that. Thanks all the suggests, you guys so nice.

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2012, 10:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.