PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up A Computer

TyTucson
11-22-2003, 06:58 PM
I am new to using Maya, and I want to make sure that my next computer will be able to handle the software (Maya Unlimited 5) without breaking a sweat. Could someone tell me/point me to a list of the most ideal computer configuration out there at a reasonalbe price that I can build myself? (of course building it myself or having friend build it will cut down the price in the first place).

...and whats the word on some of the components I have seen advertised such as Renderboxx AMD 64 Opteron?

iC4
11-22-2003, 11:17 PM
well...before anybody can help you you have to say what for you "reasonable price" means.

elvis
11-23-2003, 01:09 AM
my pick for the cheap option would be a dual AMD AthlonMP system with a good whack of RAM and a geforce ti4200.

as mentioned, it really depends on what you classify as reasonable. the place i work for would call "reasonable" anything under $8k a machine.

onscreen
11-25-2003, 03:23 AM
Note : when you wanted us to get a specs for your system, Do the following :

1. Give us your budget.
2. Tell us what u need or what you don't
3. Are u sensitive towards heat or speed?

with a little help of those, we could give you the list nice and neat :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.