PDA

View Full Version : My ACS4 Character went screwey...

jjburton
11-22-2003, 03:47 PM
I finished animating a lip sync piece for school and I set it to render last night and all rendered fine. I got up this morning, saved it then closed lightwave. I then reopened LW to tweak something and now the character's spine won't move, it's rigid. My thought is that since I worked on it all day yesterday, something in the cache was making things work right and when I saved it, it's not now. I save in interations I have to go WAY back to find one that works right so I'd lose half my work if I had to do that. Any ideas?

Pi3141
11-23-2003, 04:04 PM
This is going to sound totally crazy, but did you by chance save your .lwo file in a folder that contained a space. For example "c:/my documents/LW/model.lwo"

If so that could be the problem with the spine locking up, wierd as it may sound

:beer:

FniNe
11-23-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi,

Did you check SpineFactor value in the ACS4 sliders?

jjburton
11-23-2003, 08:11 PM
Lucas helped me with this one. I had saved my model again under a different name. And so the expressions were referencing a nonexistant entity. I Opened the file in word pad, did a find a replace and I was back in the saddle:)

Pi3141
11-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Good to hear :beer:

Nothing worse than when somthing screws up for a peculiar reason. Glad it worked out :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.