PDA

View Full Version : painter8 's simplewater problem

DongMei
11-22-2003, 09:45 AM
i have found the simplewater under digital water color brush works differently from the simplewater in pt6 and pt7
the first big problem is that in previous version if i save file as riff format,
the simplewater will still keep wet next time when i reopen it, but in pt 8 no matter wut kind format i save the file, everytime i reopen the file, the simplewater will dry.
the other problem is in pt6, if i work on canvas using simplewater
i can use eraser to clean up the pencil line but still keep the watercolor , it automatically seperates the pencil line and color but still keeps them in one canvas layer, but in pt8 if i use eraser it will erase both.
i wish corel could fix these kinda of stupid bugs asap

or just i am so stupid that i dont know the proper way doing it?

lezu
11-25-2003, 06:28 PM
I did some research on this topic, and according to a post by a member of the painter dev team(on the corel news server), this will 'certainly be included in Painter 9'.

So you'll probably be charged for a feature that is essentially a bugfix...

Maybe a complaint to Mr. Champaigne(Painter program manager) will help, but I doubt it...

Given the amount of 'just mail Champaigne' advice I've seen on various forums he's most likely to get around 10000 mails a day :rolleyes:

Art2
12-08-2003, 12:02 AM
I know how you feel.

I just upgraded to version 8 and got an unpleasend surprise
when reopening my work the next day. I used simple water and
expected to continue my work with the wet layer intact... :cry:
I couldn't find anything in the manual or help files that adresses this new "feature".

They say it will be fixed in version 9???!! :banghead:

come on!! Hours of work for nothing...

If someone knows a workaround or whatever, please share.

lezu
12-08-2003, 12:26 AM
I feel your pain!

had a very similar experience... worked on a painting for something close to 5 hours, and then decided to go to sleep and finish up the next day.

I had to sacrifice 4 cute little kitties the next day to satisfy my anger. :twisted:

You hear that Corel? Better get that patch done quick!

For a workaround, try using Sandman's brushes, I think he made some to emulate the water colors(haven't tested them myself)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.gell/Pages/Sandmans_Brushes.html

Jinbrown
12-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi guys (and gals?),

I'm sorry to say I don't have a solution for the drying Digital Water Colors when the file is saved.

Workarounds might me:

Paint with brushes set to slightly blend colors when editing existing DWC paint.

Work on another Layer to continue painting with DWC.

A combination of both of the above.

As to the Painter 6 and earlier version Water Colors:

They did not work on the Canvas, though it appeared that they did.

Instead, they worked on the invisible Water Color Layer. Thus the ability to edit dry paint on the Canvas without disturbing existing Water Color paint or paint with Water Colors "on the Canvas" without disturbing existing dry paint.

Though it would be appropriate from the user's point of view (mine as well), I doubt very much that there will be a second Painter 8 patch coming.

In spite of all this, I do wish everyone a very....

Happy Holiday Season! :)

Art2
12-09-2003, 04:03 PM
Thanks! I will try all of the above.

Painting DWC on an other layer gave a similar effect as if
the layer blending mode was set to multiply (or gel).
Anyway the same color produced a darker color when applied.
Now I don't remember if the layer was set to default or normal or
to mutiplie, I have to try that one again.

But it all comes down to the fact that if you paint with DWC,
you have to paint till the piece is finished. No saving allowed,
one strait go...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.