PDA

View Full Version : So I want a MA in Great Britain..

mechanicarts
04-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Hello people,

I'm currently studying multimedia and graphic arts in Cyprus. Though we do some 3D modelling and animation courses, the amount of knowledge offered is much less than the average Digital-tutors course. However I try on my own to learn more and more and specialize on this field since it is what I want to do as a job. Specifically, 3D artist (not sure if environment or character) for video games.

I'll be finishing my current BA next year and I'll be also doing a year of military service after that. After I finish my service, I'd preferably like to depart immediately to Great Britain for my MA so I need to find out soon:

Which university in GB offers the most complete MA in 3D graphics? I'm saying "complete" meaning it will expose me to many different aspects of 3D allowing me to find my own inclination. "best" is too subjective to ask about that.

How much will it cost?

How long will it take?

I'm willing to work my ass off for that so workload is not a problem.

Please people, suggestions :D thanks!

HellBoy
05-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Stay away from public universities.

They are a century behind from what the industry use.

If I was you, I'd take a course in Escape Studio in London. As much as it seems like you're paying for the course, you're really investing in their after care. i.e. them finding you a place

leigh
05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Stay away from public universities.

They are a century behind from what the industry use.

If I was you, I'd take a course in Escape Studio in London. As much as it seems like you're paying for the course, you're really investing in their after care. i.e. them finding you a place

That's simply not true. I've lost count of the number of Bournemouth graduates I've worked with over the years here in Soho's biggest VFX studios.

taxguy
05-14-2012, 01:33 PM
In this case, I completely agree with Leigh! There are many universities that are very well equipped and are well represented in the industry, Bournemouth being one of them. Several years ago,I traveled to the South England area and toured Bournemouth with a family friend. It seemed to be a great place in idyllic surroundings. In fact, every well known university that I have seen was well equipped and staffed with knowledgeable people.

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2012, 01:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.