PDA

View Full Version : animation CTRL question

zwicker122
04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
hi there,

I'm trying to make a CTRL where a control curve circle will drive a piece of mesh form one position to the other. The circle moves from 1 to -1 where 1 is in the stationay position. and -1 has moved the mesh back and also rotated it slightly.

In Maya i beleve it's a set driven key animation. Make a float controller with a set driven key on the mesh in two different positions for each end of the values on the controller, and it tweens between the two positions depending where you are on the controller between the two values.

What/how is this accomplished in Max. how do you link the position of the controller at 1 to the set key position of the mesh, then set the position of the contoller at -1 to another set key position of the mesh to get a transition of the mesh transforms between 1 and -1 of the controller.

If anyone knows what this method is called or has a tut on this i'd appreciate the help.

Thanks for your time.

TheOnlyAaron
04-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Check out the reaction manager, that is what you are looking for :)

PEN
05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Just like in Maya reaction manager should be your last choice just like SDK is in Maya. Use parameter wires in Max if it just needs to be a linear transfer of values. If you need the curves to control a rate then reaction manager is your best bet.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.