PDA

View Full Version : Corel Painter: Performance ?

michaelaaut
04-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Hello,

I don't understand what's happening... but even if I create a new canvas with just 1024x786 pixel and 72dpi the performance of painter 12 really kills me ... there is always a big lag, and it also feels like that there isn't enough CPU power or RAM.

I do have a pretty good computer, photoshop works fine... 8GB of RAM...

What can I do to change that ?

thank you so much for any little help

Jinbrown
04-25-2012, 03:35 AM
Hello,

I don't understand what's happening... but even if I create a new canvas with just 1024x786 pixel and 72dpi the performance of painter 12 really kills me ... there is always a big lag, and it also feels like that there isn't enough CPU power or RAM.

I do have a pretty good computer, photoshop works fine... 8GB of RAM...

What can I do to change that ?

thank you so much for any little help

Since there are so few Painter threads now that Photoshop and Painter forums are combined, you might have better luck in the following forums:

There are many discussions on this subject over at The PainterFactory (http://painterfactory.com) and lots of people willing to help. This is the Community forum site Corel set up in July 2007 to support Painter users. The Painter development team reads the forums and sometimes they're able to take time to help us out. After you register, post a message in the Corel Painter 12 forum

Another good forum is the Conceptart.org (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23) Painter forum. Some good people there.

I'll probably see you at The PainterFactory as I moderate those forums.

MikeGimmelli
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
do you have all the painter updates installed? that was what was causing my problems that i posted in the thread i made here a little while ago. i just bought painter 12 3 or 4 months ago and only installed the latest update thinking that update would include all of the updates that were released but i was wrong. after i installed all of the updates that were released everything worked fine. my problems were a memory issue too but rather than just lagging, painter would always crash on me. if you have all the updates installed you can try resetting your workspaces by holding the "shift" key then open painter and then click on the button to reset your workspaces to the default workspaces.

Jinbrown
04-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes, I do have all patches/updates for Painter 12 installed (version number is 12.1.0.1250, the latest).

I 'm glad you found the cause and have it fixed now.

Yes, until my old desktop died, I had nine full Painter versions installed so I'm well acquainted with the various methods of installation over the years.

When you need to reset your Workspaces, be sure before doing that, to backup any custom preferences, brush libraries, and anything else you've done to customize Painter 12 since it was installed. Otherwise, you'll loose some things you probably don't want to lose.

Cheers!

Jinny

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2012, 08:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.